Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yes, I've been gone... Now let's talk about Hulu

In case you missed me - and I certainly hope you did - I thought I'd let you know why the blog's been quiet. I spent a week in North Carolina with family and decided not to do any work while I was there. I'll blog about my trip later, but for now, here's some miscellaneous stuff to ponder...

Remember when Nsync started out? Of all those guys, who would have expected Justin Timberlake to be the breakout? Check out the Immigrant Tale sketch from a recent episode of Saturday Night Live.

I got that link from Hulu.com. And speaking of Hulu... it's free now, but it's a fair bet they'll start charging eventually. So while you can, here's some cool stuff to check out:

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog - Remember the writer's strike? Remember how it killed some of your favorite shows? Well this is the one good thing that came out of it. With nothing else to do, Joss Whedon got together a bunch of his friends and put together a fantastic musical. Then he posted it to the Internet in three parts. Starring Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Alicia Day, it's full of stick-in-your-head songs, clever bits, and a very Whedon-esque ending.

Stargate SG-1: 1969 - The first three seasons are on Hulu, so start from the beginning if you haven't seen any of it. But for SG-1 fans, this is a great episode to revisit. When our four heroes get thrown back in time to 1969, they have to find their way back. Lots of fun.

New Moon Trailer - And for all you Twilight fans, here's the trailer for the next movie, New Moon. Okay, I gotta know... has anyone out there actually ever dripped blood from a paper cut? What did they wrap that present with, industrial strength tin foil?

That's it for now. Have fun!

No comments: