Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bring on the Bifocals!


Yesterday, I received my first pair of bifocals. People warned me it would be hard to make the adjustment, but I've found it surprisingly easy. The thing that's the hardest is working on the computer (of course). I find myself moving my head around to find that sweet spot where the print is crisp and not wiggly. So if there are typos in this post, just blame it on the bi's.

A lot of people see bifocals as a sign of getting old. But I don't care. I say, bring on the bifocals! Do you know how awesome it is to be able to walk into a store and read a box label without doing facial contortions? Before, I had to pull my glasses all the way to the tip of my nose and try to read it. And if that didn't work, I'd have to look over the top of the lenses and put the box practically against my face. Ah yes, I'm sure the sight of me brought smiles to the faces of many a Target shopper. But all that is behind me now... I'm sportin' BFs!

As for my new WIP... Success! I finally made some progress on Come Together. I didn't quite make my hoped-for goal of 1000 words, but I got far enough that I'm quite happy. And now I've got a good place to pick things up tomorrow. This book is going to take a bit more pre-planning than what I'm used to, so I may have to dedicate a day or two to outlining. We shall see...

No comments: