Thursday, August 12, 2010

A New Blog for Women in Ministry

Some of the most gratifying feedback I've gotten on my novel, The Pastor's Wife, has been from women in ministry. Wives and daughters of pastors have let me know how they related to Maura's struggles and how difficult it sometimes is to live in the pastoral family fishbowl.

Their emails got me thinking... wouldn't it be great to have a place for those women? I wanted to create a  place for them to be ministered to. To share their challenges and joys. To ask questions and get answers. And so, The Pastor's Wife Speaks was born.

The Pastor's Wife Speaks is a safe haven for women who live their lives on the front lines of ministry. Rather than have one person claim to know all the answers, the blog is moderated by my fictional character, Maura Sullivan Shepherd. Maura and I have invited many different ministry women to come and share their own experiences.

To celebrate the launch, I'm doing surprise giveaways every Saturday in August. To be eligible to win, you only need to comment on a post or sign up as a blog follower.

I hope you'll stop by the blog and say hi. It would also be great if you'd share the blog address with your own pastor's wife and any other women you think it would bless:  http://thepastorswifespeaks.blogspot.com/

No comments: