Saturday, January 5, 2013

YOT Day 5 - Street Fairs and Forever Friends

At the beginning of December, I went back to my old neighborhood in Monrovia, CA. One of the reasons was to hang out with my friends, Diane & Kathy Daw. We have been friends for many, many years (about 23 years, I think). We've written, directed, and performed bunches of plays together. We've laughed until we cried. We've broken bread (among other things). We've talked for hours. And no matter how much time goes by, when we get together, it's like no time has gone by at all. I'm very thankful for these ladies. God blessed me with friends that have always made me feel like the third sister.

The other reason was to visit the Old Town Street Fair. The Street Fair was featured in my book, A Wild Goose Chase Christmas, so it was pretty cool to find these quilt-like boxes of berries.







My inner-editor was able to come out and play when I saw this sign. Do you think these were Brazilian deer?


What a blessing to share good times with good friends!

No comments: